Fuel-economy is an important factor to keep in mind when purchasing a new vehicle. If you do your research, you can find the best car to fit your needs while at the same time being a little easier on your wallet when it comes to the gas pump. Listed below are some of the top choices when it comes to fuel efficiency.
- Toyota Prius – The Toyota Prius 3 has an overall MPG of 52 with city at 43 and highway at 59. The Prius can also drive solely on electric power for a period of time and should definitely be on your list of cars when fuel-economy is the question.
- Hyundai Ioniq – The Ioniq has an overall MPG of 52 with city at 42 and highway at 60. Hyundai has come up with a direct competitor to the Prius. Another great option to keep in mind for less time at the pump.
- Kia Niro – The Niro has an overall MPG of 43 with city at 33 and highway at 52. The Niro is a good match of fuel economy and cargo versatility but is a little bit pricier. It could be a good option for you and your family if you need the extra space.
- Chevy Malibu Hybrid – The Malibu has an overall MPG of 41 with city at 33 and highway at 49. The Malibu is a great choice when looking at mid-size cars, and also uses Chevrolets volt technology. The Malibu is a competitive choice among mid-size sedans.
- Lexus CT 200h – The CT 200h has an overall MPG of 40 with city at 31 and highway at 47. This hatchback doesn’t quite standup to the Prius in fuel economy, but its reliability is worth noting. Lexus provides a great brand so it was only a matter of time before a fuel efficient model came out, and they’ll only get better.
- Ford Fusion – The fusion has an overall MPG of 39 with city at 35 and highway at 41. This is only one of a few options that the Ford Fusion has to offer but the others can quickly add up the price tag. It’s a solid and powerful vehicle with great features and should be kept in mind when comparing vehicles.
These are only just a handful of cars that are on the road today with excellent fuel economy. You can check out entire lists of both cars and SUVs for further research and finding what’s best for you. Fuel economy can help you get the most out of your vehicle so you can spend more time on the road and less time at the pump. While spending time on the road, be sure to stay safe but if you or a loved one is involved in an accident, call the offices of Franklin D. Azar & Associates. We fight for all of our clients to get them the compensation they deserve. Call today to schedule your free consultation.